Jeffrey T. Kuhner is a disgrace to journalism. The Washington Times is a farce.

I'm furious at the ramblings the mentioned Jeffrey T. Kuhner, a journalist working at the Washington Post,  has been allowed to publish about the developments concerning former Croatian General A. Gotovina, the man co-responsible for the expulsion of some 100.000 Serbs from Croatia in the 90ies. Kuhner is so radically out of touch with the realities of Croatian public opinion and the facts about the Yugoslav war that I'm  getting the idea that he is being paid by a nationalist lobby of Croatian citizens to spurt further confusion about people's understanding of what took place. He has balls, I'll give him that, balls to be so absurdly ignorant and thickminded that it's rampantly bordering with imbecilism, which means I should perhaps feel sorry for him. But I cannot for the life in me. The man actually suggests the moral and judicial supremacy of established American newspapers over the rulings of the international court. Let me quote:   

"...numerous media outlets - The Washington Times, the Wall Street Journal, Newsweek and the Jerusalem Post - have investigated Operation Storm and have concluded that Gen. Gotovina is innocent of any wrongdoing. He never personally ordered or tolerated the commission of any crimes. In fact, the ICTY’s prosecution was dismal on this point. It failed to show any kind of proof that Gen. Gotovina was responsible for orchestrating a criminal conspiracy. The reason is a simple one: He couldn’t have."

I am lost for words! Even popular Croatian news portals like Index.hr and novilist.hr have widely recognized the court's decision and have, though briefly, discussed the EVIDENCE which mr Kuhner so bluntly ignores. I will not entertain the same discussion here, one only needs to do a search on BBC (Ante Gotovina) and things will come up. Moreover  the Croatian portals practice the art of nuance, clearly establishing that the actions for which Gen. Gotovina is sentenced are to be seen as separate of those which he has performed in pursuit of establishing Croatian independence!

Furthermore, what Jeffrey Kuhner goes on to write about the Serbian exodus from Croatia caused a reality shift in my body. I felt for a moment that the world is a place without hope and that we are all doomed to be ruled and lied to by crooks (a fact as it is anyway). Mr Kuhner, you have enraged me in a way I have not felt for years. I should thank you for making me feel like my life has a purpose, knowing that people like you still walk around and that people like me, who will offer a counter view  are needed. Dearly.

I am sorry, I'm losing my flow. Let me quote what Kuhner wrote about the exodus of Serbs from Croatia.

"The orders to evacuate the Serbian population from the so-called “Krajina” zone of occupation came from Belgrade several days before the commencement of Operation Storm. Milosevic, realizing he was facing a military humiliation, ordered Croatia’s Serbs transferred to Bosnia and Kosovo to consolidate his revanchist gains there. This was done before Croatian forces even launched their campaign. Hence, the entire Gotovina conviction and prosecution rests on a giant fraud: The removal of the Serbian population occurred under the explicit command of local Serb authorities acting under the authority of Belgrade. Therefore, Croatian forces could not have committed “ethnic cleansing.” The ICTY verdict is a sham."

Really Mr Kuhner? I wish I could freely offer the full evidence against this malicious falsification,to use the words of power I know would set hearts ablaze. But the things that I have to say could place me, my family and relatives into the face of danger less benign than the justified FLAC to which I expose you. Let me just hint, Kuhner, that when my father fled Croatia , he did so under pressure from our Croatian neighbors, under pressure from Croats at work, due to having his relations sent to jail for being more vocal and active in their resistance,due to having his birthplace cleansed and eradicated! And finally, due to having acquaintances killed (not those that were imprisoned, to be clear) for what they believed in. Due to that MR Jeffrey T. Kuhner!!!! has my father left Croatia, even before operation Storm. Due to the fact that SERBS were systematically targeted and marginalized both by civilians as the militants for the sake of Croatia am I now a bastard without a fully developed sense culture & belonging, without a face and a place in the world other than the one I fight to establish for myself. You outrageously uninformed menace! No-one from Serbia ordered my father to leave, my father was bullied into exile!

You are a disgrace to journalism Jeffrey. You are a disgrace to anyone who cares about the truth. I hope you someday learn that though you have been blessed with a voice, you have no right to violate the little truths this world has.

For Christ' sake man, how can you even think about another war (he suggests that Serbs and Croats will take up arms again), what in the world have you been reading? The last thing the people want is another bloody war! The only people in the Balkan region who will support your thesis are the Croatian Ustasa Fascists! The movement still popular in rural Croatia, the people who believe all Serbs should be exterminated just for being SERBS! Do you even know what these ultra-nationalists stand for Mr Kuhner?!?!?! Do you know what they have DONE?!

My god man, quit you job!

You can read his full article here. To all of you who are fueled by this injustice but can also muster a poised comment, please be vocal. We cannot tolerate such malicious content online.
____________________________________________
Many of you have read this piece by now, and I am curious as to why. No-one is leaving comments, no-one questions.. nothing.. Do share your thoughts with me! Are you offended by the content? Are you equally upset by Mr Kuhner? Speak up!